Once YouTube is open, the Live stream should automatically begin once the service starts. The link takes you to YouTube where you can Subscribe to our channel and then set your notications for when new videos are posted.
In times of anxiety and uncertainty, we must remember the words of our Lord: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives, so let not your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
As the spread of the COVID-19 virus and related decisions continue to unfold around us in rapid succession, let us remember God’s words to His people from the prophet Isaiah. We rest in the truth of God’s redemptive, eternal love for us even as He sovereignly rules over the affairs of humanity. God remains enthroned above, and He’s not the least bit surprised by any of this. In fact, God always uses such hardships and disappointments to grow us even as He grows His Kingdom. In these challenges, let’s look for opportunities to allow God’s work to move in us and through us!
To that end, we have made some important and difficult decisions about the coming weeks. These decisions are based on our need to take this virus and its ramifications seriously. While our personal risk remains low, our systemic risk - the risk to our healthcare system and community - remains extraordinarily high which means we need to limit personal contacts immediately. Please note:
- The church offices will be closed until the end of March. Staff will be equipped to work from home. If you need to reach us, call the office and leave a message or send an email. Weddings and funerals will be suspended for the next eight weeks. (Small private services will be conducted if so desired).
- Worship service will continue to be online only at least through the end of March.
- All church programs and activities have been cancelled until the end of March, for now and then we will access the situation.
During this season of uncertainty, potential disappointments and hardship, we want to remain focused on God’s good and loving presence.
- Beginning today, Thursday March 19, I will host devotions regularly. This will be available on Facebook and Youtube.
- Sunday worship will be a live stream of the service. This will be on Youtube, and the link shared with our Facebook page.
- Sharon Halliday and her Children's Ministry volunteers are working on ideas for families to use during the week to make this season a little easier and more meaningful for children.
- John Cleveland will be in direct contact with families involved with Youth Ministry.
- Stephanie Sager will be recording videos of uplifting praise music.
Rest assured, we plan to communicate in this fashion throughout our time apart. Please continue to watch your email and social media feeds for regular updates.
In closing, let me remind you to keep loving others well by purchasing only what you need for the week at the grocery, maintain good social distancing by staying home and out of restaurants, theaters and other gathering spots, check on those around you who may be in need, especially senior adults, and don’t get bogged down in anticipatory anxiety. Focus on today. Watch the news for a limited time. Be productive. Go for a walk. Work in the yard. Do a Bible study. Pray. Write notes to friends.
We are praying for you and looking forward to worshiping with you soon!
Rev. Joe Tolin, Jr on behalf of the Session.